Following last week’s update, All Plants have said that they will no longer be advertising on GB News.
Stop Funding Hate volunteers have again seen few high profile brands advertising on the channel over the past week.
Those that have been seen include:
Sky, Kelloggs, Deva Racing Syndicate, Age Partnership / Key Equity Release, Nathaniel Cars, Cuvva Car Insurance
The Royal Navy, Kardiamobile, MoneySupermarket, H20Hd, Etoro, Pitch Perfect Camping,
BullionHouse, Direct Bullion, NM Money Gold, The Gold Bullion Company, Rosland Gold
The UK Government (NHS), National Lottery, Postcode Lottery, Moneyfarm, Mydieselclaim.com
Exroid, Dormeo / Octasmart, Appeal Blinds, Solpadeine, Freemans, On the Market
It’s worth remembering that some of the advertisers listed above may be unaware that they have been appearing on GB News, as the agency that handles ad sales for GB News also sells advertising across a range of other channels.
You can help to strengthen and build our campaign by making a donation here.
You can also take action by contacting one of the companies listed above via Twitter, Facebook or email, urging them to rethink their association with GB News, and explaining why this matters to you.
It’s most effective if you send a message in your own words, but here’s some background information that might be useful:
- Even GB News’s own polling shows strong popular support for the advertising boycott.
- A high profile GB News presenter has quit and accused the channel of pandering to the “far-right” after being suspended for taking the knee on air.
- Another GB News contributor quit the channel accusing it of “opening the gates of hell” by “demonising trans people at every opportunity”.
- A senior executive has reportedly resigned “to avoid fuelling culture wars”.
- Within hours of launching, GB News was airing dangerous claims about COVID19.
- Research by Desmog has raised serious concerns about GB News’s coverage on climate change.
- There’s also an informed view here from the advertising industry press about why brands have been wise to avoid aligning themselves with GB News.
There’s more information here about Stop Funding Hate, and the impact of our campaign so far. If you’re able to help build our movement tackling toxic media, please consider becoming a committed supporter and making a regular donation.